Thursday, October 4, 2007

Revisiting a layout

Wow! It's October already....even though I am a "mountain" person, Eastern Montana is looking beautiful this time of the year. Some people (who aren't from here) will complain about the lack of color in the fall leaves, but I think the yellow Cottonwoods reflecting in the blue of the Yellowstone River are truly striking. The view is fleeting~enjoy the moment!
Going back a few posts, I used this layout with apple cider designer paper and the True Friend stamp set. Here it is again, with Season of Joy (Holiday Mini catalog) in rose red, wild wasabi, garden green, pumpkin pie and going gray cardstock. Interesting color combo, don't you think? These are the colors in this month's card kit for all those who are in Stamping Clubs.


Below, I tried the same layout, but used accessories from the Pretties Kit (also in the card kits!). I died the flower with classic ink and let it dry. Added a half pearl for the center, then used a stick pin with a pearl and clear bead on the end and double stitched ribbon at the top. If you notice, though, I used too much crystal effects to attach my flower (like waaaay too much!) and it bled into the flower. Try to avoid that on your creations! The stick pin runs through the going gray piece of cardstock so I attached that piece with dimensionals to allow space for the pin in the back. Also used the scallop punch and signo gel pen to mimic the stitching in the ribbon. All supplies Stampin' Up! (c) 1995-2007.

No comments: