Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Paper Piecing with Designer Papers

These are two baby cards that use the technique paper piecing. It takes a little bit of patience while you are cutting, but it is fun to do! Basically, you stamp your outline image onto the designer paper and cut it out. Then stamp that same image onto cardstock, piecing into the design the parts of the image that you cut from the patterned paper. In the card below, I stamped just the bow onto certainly celery prints paper and layered it over the lavendar lace hippo.














The first card uses lavendar lace and certainly celery prints designer paper, and the Bundled in Love stamp set. I used the ticket corner punch, the corner rounder punch to make the white scallop edge, and the signo gel pen for the dots in the corners. I colored the flower with my barely banana marker and attached it and the half pearl with a dot of crystal effects. After I had attached it, I think it should have been a little closer to the hippo! next time.... This card was inspired by "justbehappy" at SCS.




















This card uses the same technique--the buggy part is lavendar lace prints designer paper, but the wheels and heart are colored in with markers. For this card I used Everything Baby for the greeting, and Fun and Fast Notes stamp set.

No comments: