Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December is Here!

I can't believe that the month of November is already over! I only posted once in November (yikes!), but I have been stamping and I have several things ready to show you over the next few days. I was experimenting a little with these 2 cards....As you can see, they have the exact same layout, and it is one that I've used this fall at workshops. The stamp set is Season of Joy from the Fall~Winter Idea Book and Catalog, and I embossed both the snowflake and the greeting in white. Card stock is baja breeze, with ski slope designer paper. I punched out the snowflake images and mounted them on contrasting paper. I also stamped the swirl on top of the designer paper, in the 2nd card, with white craft ink. Every year I've done a few cards with real red and light blue--either bashful blue or soft sky, and now baja breeze!

I have enjoyed using the ski slope papers, although I think the red patterns look a little pink, even though it is real red! You can see in the 2nd card how the red stripes in the ribbon are darker than the paper, adding to that pink effect.

So what are you stamping this holiday season? Send me a reply and let me know what cards or gifts you are working on!

No comments: