Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall Treats

I got together with my downline this weekend, and we had a great time playing with new products! We got out my Big Shot and tried out different holiday dies. We made the fall scallop bag (on the right) with more mustard, elegant eggplant, designer paper from autumn traditions and some burgundy grosgrain ribbon. We cut the eggplant scallop out with the big shot by laying a small piece of the eggplant card stock over that part of the design, under the more mustard piece--cutting out both pieces at once. Then we used the scallop punch for the smaller designer paper piece. We punched two holes in the scallop, marked through the holes onto the box and then punched the box. Run the ribbon through the box first, fill with treats : ) and then thread the ribbon through the scallop lid and tie. I recently finished 30 bags like this for a pastors' wives conference that I'm going to in October. Later, I felt inspired by candy corn to experiment a little with the scallop box! It is a little difficult to see in the photo, but I ran summer sun, pumpkin pie, and whisper white cardstock through the diamond texturz plate, then cut the pieces out using the scallop bag die. I adhered the pumpkin pie piece to the bag before assembling it--then punched the square hole in the bag from the side (before the sides were glued on). I covered the hole with a piece of window sheet, and then attached the sides. I cut the scallops off, making the V shape, and then adhered white over it, trimming it to the same shape. Stuffed in some candy corn (in a cello bag) and added the ribbon. These bags are so cute with the "window"!
We also worked on some cute cards with the Sweet Centers stamp set (holiday mini) and sweet treat cups....I'll post those pictures tomorrow!
Just a reminder that the decor elements growth chart is only available until Sept 30th, so if you are interested, let me know. If you don't remember..... leave a comment and I'll send you the flyer again.

No comments: