Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Seasonal Flowers


I picked out this stamp set--A Flower for All Seasons--as one of my free Sale-a-bration sets earlier this spring. Its such a happy stamp set! You can find it on page 107 of the new catalog, $14.95. I stamped each image in staz on ink on watercolor paper, then used blender pens and watercolor wonder crayons to color each one. To finish the cards, I used a 3x3 piece of coordinating card stock and punched a hole in the center, then used dimensionals to pop it up off the card.
I used misc pieces of dsp that coordinated with the way that I colored the images. The first card uses the island oasis paper (and colors) which is in the summer mini, page 27. The next one uses wild wasabi, crushed curry, and bashful blue. The tulip card is done in certainly celery, bashful blue and almost amethyst and the Christmas card uses old olive, pretty in pink and bravo burgundy. I like how these cards coordinate into a set, by using the same layout instead of the same colors. I gave a set of these cards to my neighbor to thank her for giving me plant starts from her garden, earlier this spring.

No comments: