Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Palette o' Pastels

Stampin' Up! has come out with a preview of some of their new designer papers (that will be in the new catalog in July). We can purchase a 6x6 pack of 48 sheets right now for $9.95 with a $35 purchase.

They are beautiful! Almost amethyst, certainly celery, so saffron and rose red are the 4 colors, then there are 12 different patterns. I used ribbon from the sweet shoppe originals plus celery brads on this card. The flower is from a Sell-a-bration set.


A few weeks ago my husband painted our bedroom, so now I am looking for a new comforter and curtains. While I was browsing through the Penny's catalog, I came across one that had cool caribbean, rose red, certainly celery, and cameo coral colors in it. It had all sorts of swirls across the colors, like those in the Stampin' Up! doodle sets. I haven't purchase that one yet, so I used a different stamp set in the card below. The rose red background piece is from the new designer papers; I used the slit punch for the white scalloped edge. The cameo coral piece is punched with a Marvy giga punch and accented with a white gel pen. Look around you and find inspiration in everyday things!



No comments: