Thursday, June 21, 2007

Across the color wheel

This card uses Flower Fest, another retiring stamp set. I started out with the flower in Marigold Morning, and was thinking about sunflowers, maybe adding a brown center. Then I thought about opposites on the color wheel and started thinking about purple or blue (since marigold is kind of between orange and yellow). It is a little hard to see in the photo, but I picked purple--lavender lace for the top piece, lovely lilac for the bottom. Along with the flower in marigold, I used apricot appeal for the flower center, and the strip across. The greens are handsome hunter and mellow moss. It was fun pairing up the lighter and darker shades of paper. I copied the layout from the current SU! catalog, page 132, on the bottom of the page. As I was studying these pages, I noticed another orange and purple card on page 133--the plums paired with apricot appeal. Another color combo to try when my new stamps arrive!

No comments: