Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Flatwillow End















Isn't this just gorgeous? These are pictures of property that we just bought, between Lewistown and Grass Range, in Montana. It is a combo of pine trees, quaking aspens, and meadows with some flat areas and some rolling hills. One side of the property borders a creek whose banks are filled with willow, hence the name. We just went on our first camping trip there, over Father's Day weekend. However, we got rained out Saturday night and had to come home early. We are tent campers, and when the water runs into your tent, soaking your sleeping bag and then seeping into your pajamas as you lie there, well, it's time to come home! Not to mention that I didn't have any dry clothes to put on since the water seeped into my "luggage", and also managed to hit my bag of books, magazines, and my journal. After the four of us ate breakfast in the car, with the heater running intermittently, we finally got a weather forecast for the rest of the day---more rain. Have you ever broke camp and rolled up wet sleeping bags, wet tents, etc...? It is an experience not to be missed! I've experienced it several times now, and feel quite blessed by the whole thing.....

Well, since we came home early, I've had some time to do a little stamping. This is a card layout that I copied from the Inspiration sheet for the stamp set Looks like Spring. I changed it up a little bit to make it my "own"--which is the whole point of inspiration sheets! The colors used are cool caribbean, old olive, pumpkin pie and rose red. The stitched ribbon is from Prep School and Sweet Shoppe originals, SU! flower punch, and Fresh Favs II buttons. A fast and easy card!

No comments: