Thursday, June 28, 2007

My catalog has arrived!

My new Fall/Winter Collection arrived yesterday in the mail! I didn't waste any time heading for the hammock. I actually got a little too much sun as I paged through the entire book. Lots of fun new stamp sets, textured 12x12 cardstock, great colors in the new scrappin kits....the list goes on! Now to decide what to get in my first order of the new year!

I've had a little time to experiment with some of the new In Colors, and the Pick a Petal stamp set (seen in the preview brochure).


This card uses a color combo from Jen Balcer's blog: real red, so saffron, wild wasabi and groovy guava. I used the rock and roll tech on the petals, stamping them first in guava, then rolling them in real red. I stamped the whole flower on white cardstock, then cut it out. The leaves are another petal stamp, inked in black and stamped onto wasabi. The greeting is from Hugs and
Wishes, another set from the preview. I tried adding the doodle lines around the edges--a first for me!



For this card, I stamped the solid petal in more mustard on the white cardstock. Then I used the outline petal on so saffron designer paper (from the palette of prints pack) and cut them out. I bent them a little in the middle so they would have more depth. I mounted the flower on wild wasabi, backed it with designer paper in certainly celery, and used garden green for the card base. (These three greens would make a great monochromatic card!). I added twill tape, hodgepodge hardware and used the word window punch for the tags (one is more mustard, one is from so saffron designer paper). I wasn't sure about the chocolate chip center. I ended up embossing it with clear EP which gives it shine, but not really any texture.

Now its time to play with Baroque Motifs--the other set I bought from the preview brochure!

No comments: