Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Clubs

O.K., I don't know where the last 2 weeks went to.....I've been busy stamping but not posting! Below are 2 sets of cards that went out to new stamp club members as part of a gift for signing up by July 15th.

For these 2 cards, I used notes that I purchased last spring. The top one uses baroque motifs on a pretty in pink note. I used wild wasabi for the background and groovy guava for the main image. On the 2nd card, I started with a very vanilla note, used white craft ink on blue bayou for the background and soft sky for the accents. These little notes are fun to make and remind me of the Artist Trading Cards (ATC) except you get to use these, not just collect them! I am enjoying using baroque motifs....the swirls are so nice! It doesn't seem to matter what direction they are stamped, they work beautifully on the project every time!







For this second set, I cut card stock to make 3x3 cards. The first one is done in old olive, purely pomegranate and so saffron. I like how the dots in the designer paper mimic the circles and dots on the butterfly from the stamp set Garden Whimsy. (Remember you can double click on the image to make it bigger). To keep the theme going, I added dots around the circle with a white gel pen. I copied the layout for this card from the new Fall/Winter Collection, the 3x3 card at the top of page 33. I love using the catalog for layout ideas--after all that is what it is for!
The card on the right has a certainly celery base, bashful blue top (on dimensionals) and wild wasabi was used for the stripe and the circle image (stamped from baroque motifs). A little gingham ribbon finishes it off. This layout isn't original either--it came in the demo magazine--Stampin' Success--from SU!


One last photo for tonight..... this mug is from Pier One. Does the blue flower remind you of anything? How about one of the new stamp sets in the new catalog? See if you can find it!
By the way, what is your favorite new stamp set and favorite new product in the Fall/Winter Collection? Post a reply and let me know what you like!

No comments: