Monday, August 13, 2007

Card Kit Inspiration


If you are in a stamper's six club, you received a card kit last month with some of our new products....textured cardstock, cerise designer paper, ribbon from the Jersey Ribbon Originals, and chipboard pieces. What have you done with your kit? Here is my first card.

I started with a card base of old olive. Then I covered one piece of chipboard with the cerise designer paper. I traced around the chipboard, cut out the paper and glued it on. Then I sanded around those edges, to sand the paper down to the edge of the board. This also gives the piece a distressed look. (Click on picture for a better look). For the center of the flower, I embossed chipboard with versamark ink and black embossing powder. It took 2 coats to get a nice even layer. Some people received green ribbon, and others the red zigzag, so I used both on this card. I put some SNAIL adhesive on the green twill and then stuck the chipboard onto it. With a sharp scissors, I trimmed the excess ribbon away. I like the texture that the lines of the twill give to the leaf! The blue strip is textured Night of Navy and then more cerise (red and vanilla stripe) designer paper finishes the card. I added the black brads to repeat the shiny black flower center, and also to draw your eye across the card. What do you think? Send me your creations and I will post them here!

No comments: