Saturday, August 11, 2007

Starting to watercolor......

It has been quite some time since I have stamped anything! I didn't even want to spend time looking at other blogs because all that inspiration from others was wasted when I couldn't go to the basement and start working. Do you feel sorry for me??? Last night I worked for awhile and got out my new aquapainter, watercolor wonder crayons, and watercolor paper. As a demonstrator we can earn points off of our sales, save them up and then buy products at the end of the SU! year. This year I chose the aquapainter and the cutter kit. Let me know if you want to see them or try them out for yourself!

Anyway, I used the Bundled in Love stamp set (stazon ink on watercolor paper) and then started coloring. These are pretty simple figures! I started with light pink and then added darker pink for the shading. Same with the green bow, then I added some light blue under "her" feet and up around the back of her body and tail. Gaugeing the water flow out of the aquapainter takes some practice, but I like the way this hippo turned out. This is a simple card, but the texture of the watercolor paper adds a nice touch. Pretty in pink, almost amethyst cardstock, certainly celery designer paper, gel pen and white taffeta ribbon, ticket corner punch.

I also made a 2nd card with the bunny, but I don't think he turned out quite as well. I had difficulty blending the crayon over the bumps in the watercolor paper. But here he is anyway.....Bashful blue, certainly celery cardstock, almost amethyst designer paper, gel pen, white taffeta ribbon, ticket corner punch; all products (C) Stampin Up! 1995-2007.

One more card for today: I needed to use up some cut cardstock from a workshop, but I wanted to make a little different design that what I had already done. Here's what I came up with....Remember that you can click on any of the pictures to see them better. The card base is so saffron, layered with ballet blue; also used Cutie pie designer paper and wild wasabi stitched ribbon. The stamp set is Fun and Fast Notes. I didn't put a greeting on it yet so I can use it for whatever comes up next! I colored the hedgehog with markers and a blender pen.
Notice that all 3 cards used the same basic layout!

Tomorrow....card kit inspiration for all those in stamping clubs!

No comments: