Thursday, November 1, 2007

It's a Paper Party!

Since there is a special promotion on Stampin' Up! designer papers (click here) I wanted to start this month out with some projects using paper.

It's a good thing that I stamp better than I photograph! I know the big picture of this photo frame is just awful, but I'd already given the gift away before I realized how bad the picture looked. This is a gift for a friend who has her first grandson!

I picked up this frame at Walmart. The mat used to be bright green! After taking the frame apart, it was so easy to cover the mat with paper. The way that the glass fits in this particular one allowed me to tie ribbons and a tag on it, and they don't get smooshed behind the glass. I kept this frame very simple so that the embellishments would not detract from the future photo of the darling baby boy.

I used this light blue paper from a pack that we sold last spring then added the grosgrain, gingham and taffeta ribbon. The word "wonder" came from the Warm Words stamp set--I didn't ink up the end of "wonderful"; then I added a pearl from the Pretties Kit and tied it on with undied bella fibers. (all products (c) Stampin' Up! 1995-2007).





Even though the photo is terrible, at least you get the idea!

















Have a great day!

No comments: