Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Reinventing an old card

As I was rummaging around, I found this fall card that I had made last year. It uses last year's In Colors and stitched cranberry crisp ribbon. I embossed the leaves (from a retired set) and then sponged colored ink over them. As you can see, the greeting in the hodgepodge hardware was actually the focal point.














I decided to try this layout again using apple cider designer paper and True Friend stamp set. As I put it together, I realized that I would need a focal point other than the greeting, so here is what I came up with...














Running the stitched ribbon across the bottom of the card didn't quite look right with the stripes in the paper going the opposite direction, so I just used the little knotted "bow". I died a flower from the pretties kit with my really rust marker, let it dry and then attached it with the gold brad. Card stock and ink colors: river rock, really rust, wild wasabi, close to cocoa.

Have a beautiful day!

No comments: