Monday, February 11, 2008

Pockets and Buckles

For this pocket card I went with traditional pink and red, and a little purple thrown in on the side. We made this card at my Valentine class, the beginning of February. I stamped the elephant image (Happy Heart Day) with stazon ink, and then dabbed in color with my pastels. I used the blender pen to pick up pastels and added it for shading on the elephant. Since the flowers and stems are so fine, I colored those with the blender pen and pastels also. The brocade blue really made a beautiful soft gray color. For the pocket, cut off part of the top of the "card", round the top edges and then adhere the sides with a thin line of adhesive (I used snail, but only about half of the width). I added torn pieces of pretty in pink and lavendar lace, real red wide grosgrain and a tag stamped from the Happy Heart Day stamp set. I've been passing around the measurements to this buckle card at workshops and at the Valentine's class....You can see a tutorial on how to make one here. I used rose red, close to cocoa, regal rose and very vanilla card stock. The background piece, inside the card, is stamped with a small flower from the hostess set Time Well Spent. You recognize the mouse from Happy Heart Day stamp set, (watercolor crayons and blender pens) and the chocolate chip flowers on the buckle are rub-ons from the Sale-a-bration catalog--"love and happiness". These rub-ons are so much fun! The buckle is made from textured cardstock, and the rub-ons went right on. They are very easy to apply. I think the only drawback is cutting around the images to get them off the page. But you get your money's worth! Especially in the Sale-a-bration set of 4 pages in 4 colors!
If you haven't seen the Sale-a-bration catalog, click on the link above....when you purchase $50 of products, you can choose any stamp set in that catalog for FREE! It's a great time to add to your supply of rubber.....send me an email if you have questions about Sale-a-bration!

No comments: