Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Give yourself a hug today, and wish yourself a happy valentine's day! I cased this card layout from 2 places--one was on the SU! demo website and another off of a blog; unfortunately I've lost the scrap where I jotted down the name of the creative person ..... Maybe I should get a notebook for ideas instead of jotting them down on pieces of scrap paper, but that would mean getting organized!
This card uses berry bliss designer paper in the 2 corners, and regal rose on the opposite sides. All is mounted on chocolate chip and then purely pomegranate for the card base. I used the rock and roll technique on the flower part of the stamp--stamped in pretty in pink then rolled in purely pomegranate. I inked up the stem and leaves with a chocolate chip marker, then stamped the image on shimmery cardstock. A little sponging on the edges and a taffeta ribbon finishes it off. Other supplies: ticket corner punch, warm words and true friend stamp sets.

It is spirit week at my son's high school this week....I think it is just a winter pick-me-up thing. You know, leis and flip flops, sunglasses, etc... Today you wear red shirts if you are dating someone, yellow if you are hanging out with someone and green if you are available. My son and our exchange student are wearing gray and white. Hmmmm...

No comments: