Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Valentine Bundle "Blissed"

I've been home for about 2 weeks now, and I am finally returning to my blog. I had a Valentine's stamp class last weekend, so will post a few of our projects. This card layout was copied from the Spring~Summer Collection, page 104. I used berry bliss designer paper instead of solid colors of cardstock behind the main image. The mouse is from the Happy Heart Day stamp set. I colored him with a blender pen and watercolor crayons. Since I wasn't using watercolor paper, I found this to be the best way to avoid getting the paper too wet. After ordering all of my supplies for the class, I realized that I didn't have any gray ink for the mouse and elephant image in this stamp set! We used bordering blue for the gray color or made our mice brown with close to cocoa. I added some grass for him to stand on, and a bashful blue shadow behind him. Other supplies: rose red, pretty in pink and chocolate chip card stock, regal rose wide grosgrain, and "hugs and kisses" is from a retired greeting set.

No comments: