Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ideas from the Spring~Summer Collection

It is fun to browse through the catalog and look for ideas on individual cards....where a button was placed, how the card was folded, etc.... Of course you can copy color combos and card layouts, too. That's what I did for the card above. I used the same colors and layout as the card on page 85 of the S~S Collection--river rock, groovy guava and ruby red. I did change things up a little in using a different stamp set--a birthday set from one of the first Simply Sent card kits that Stampin' Up! offered. I also used 2 strips of ginger blossom paper instead of the solid ruby red stripe. Since I cut off the right-hand edge to show the greeting, I did not have room to add the ribbon down the left side of the card. As you can see, I did keep the tag and hand-wrote "dreams come true" on it.

Here's another card that was inspired by the layout on page 90--bottom of the page. I used items in this month's card kit for all the people in my clubs. I stamped the butterfly from Garden Whimsy stamp set on shimmery white cardstock with groovy guava ink and mounted it on ruby red. I used ginger blossom designer paper instead of the en francais background stamp (on the original), and stitched groovy guava ribbon. This is a "matchbook" layout so I cut a little off the bottom of the front of the card so it would fold into the lip and stay put from the pressure of the brads holding the lip together. The other thing I changed was that I did not distress the edge of the lip. (all products SU! (c) 1995-2008)
I really like the way this card turned out! Don't forget you can look in the back of your catalog (pg 198) to see a list of all the products used on every sample and then just look at what you have on hand and start switching things around. You may come up with something totally different!

No comments: