Tuesday, August 26, 2008

There's still time for a Summer Picnic

Summer Picnic double sided designer paper.....it is still available in the new catalog! Below are a couple of samples that I made with this bright paper.
I folded up the bottom edge and distressed it a bit. I also made a slit in the top of the card, just wide enough for the striped grosgrain to fit through. I used that fun Sale-a-bration stamp set that matches the scallop punch. The colors are those that match the paper....pumpkin pie, real red, old olive and bashful blue. I think using designer paper on cards is fun because they come together so quickly.

This card below is ultra-simple....the only stamping was the greeting, which I made to look a little like a tag. I layered die cut blooms for the focal point and added dazzling diamonds glitter to the center. I am enjoying using that striped grosgrain....it is so soft! These cards literally came together in minutes with the paper and die cuts. The 2nd card doesn't have a greeting...waiting to see if it is going to be a letter to a friend, or a birthday card, or a....... By the way, these cards were made with items that were in a card kit that went to all my club members. What did you create with your supplies?

No comments: