Monday, October 6, 2008

Best Wishes and More

This stamp set is so versatile! You can find it on page 55 of your catalog, or go here. I am enjoying playing around with it. Here is a card layout that I copied from my friend, Jamie. I used bravo burgundy, more mustard, tangerine tango and kiwi kiss. Its a striking color combo, IMO. The strip of burgundy down the middle is textured cardstock. I used the rock and roll technique on the leaves--first stamping them in more mustard, then rolling the edges of the stamp in either tangerine tango or kiwi kiss. It is finished with the tangerine tango striped ribbon.

Same layout, different colors! Riding hood red, kiwi kiss and pink pirouette, plus bella rose designer paper instead of the textured cardstock. I used masking on the main image--I stamped the flower on a post it note and cut it out, then stamped the flower on to the card stock. I covered it with the post it flower, then stamped the leaf. This way the extra part of the leaf is stamped onto the post it note, and when it is removed, the leaf looks like it is behind the flower. I know many of you already know how to do this!! I sponged around the edges with a little riding hood red ink, and added a designer button to the middle to finish it off. The greeting is from the same stamp set, but I only inked up part of it with a marker, before stamping.

No comments: