Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September kit and layout

This card was made with products that went out in the September card kits to my local Stampers Six Club. The base is kiwi kiss, plus chocolate chip and tangerine tango card stock. The designer paper is from the hawaii papaya collection in the Fall~Winter catalog. I used the hostess stamp set Organic Grace and Heard from the Heart. Notice that I sponged chocolate chip ink around all the layers...even the designer paper. Thanks, Desiree, for reminding me that we can stamp on designer paper! I like the richness that it adds to this card. I finished it off with a clip and kiwi kiss/vanilla satin ribbon. The layout idea is below:
Here's another card I quickly made following this layout~
On this card, I used the designer paper autumn vine, which is in the holiday mini catalog. You can order from it starting tomorrow. Lots of fun fall and Christmas stamp sets! Tomorrow, (Oct 1st) you can go to www.stampinup.com to see the catalog on line. For the main image on this card, I used the oval punches to make a pumpkin. I punched them out of pumpkin pie and sponged a little tangerine tango around the outsides of each oval. The leaf and stem are cut free hand, then I cut a thin strip of paper and wrapped it around a pencil to make the tendril.

I'm off to Bozeman tomorrow, for my job. Hope I've left you with a little inspiration for your stamping this week! A couple of people have RSVP'd for October 11th when we will stamp cards to send to military personnel. Hope you can join us--send me a quick email to let me know you are coming!

No comments: