Friday, February 27, 2009

Stamping Club Card Kits

There were 2 card kits that went out recently, and for both I used a layout from card positioning systems--number 96. This is a sample made with kraft, chocolate chip, and the textured designer paper Parisian Breeze (p. 158, $11.95). I also used the baja breeze ribbon and new corduroy buttons in chocolate chip (p. 176, $9.95). The stamped image is from sweet stems (p. 99, $16.95) and I colored over the image with a blender pen and baja breeze ink. I like how this layout features the patterns in the designer papers.
This sample used paper from raspberry tart (p.160, $9.95). I used cameo coral and pink pirouette with whisper white card stock. The stamped image is from the Sale-a-bration set Botanical Blooms (FREE!) and the greeting is from a previous hostess set. I stamped the flower on pink pirouette, then again on white and cut it out, mounting it with a dimensional. The white lacy ribbon is from one of the new ribbon originals--"dress up" (p. 178, $12.95). I like the texture that it adds to the patterned paper.

I found out about a neat non-profit group that could use some hand stamped cards, so I'm sending the coral one above to them (along with others!). It is a Christian group that sews up totes and then gives them away to women with cancer. They also send out encouragement cards and pray for the woman, if she wants. You can check out their website at www.thelydiaproject.org. If you go there, click on the "about" link to the left. There are other demos who are sending cards to them; if you would like to participate, let me know and I will be happy to send your contribution in with mine. Maybe you've accumulated some beautiful cards, and you could donate some of your "stash". They need to be general, thinking of you, with no writing on the inside. (The ladies at The Lydia Project will write the notes). Or maybe you know someone who could use a tote--just contact them with the name and address of your friend--it's free. What a great way to send a little encouragement to a friend facing cancer--

No comments: