Friday, February 20, 2009

Borrow, Borrow! and Borrow some more!

I really enjoyed making this card, and am happy with the way it turned out. I borrowed the layout from Amy Celona....you can see the card that I copied in her blog header HERE. Then I used a color challenge from Kristina Werner over at kwernerdesigns. And this is what I came up with when I combined the two ideas! The card base is so saffron, with a layer of more mustard and so saffron designer paper. I sponged the edges of the designer paper, and the edges of the tag. The flower is stamped in taken with teal, and the accent colors are old olive and black. The button is from the earth elements collection, that SU! doesn't carry anymore. I think the black really makes the other colors pop.
In complete contrast, this card is so simple with no layers. It was hard for me to photograph, so I had to put a piece of apricot appeal paper behind it, so that my camera would focus on the white. I used 2 images from the hostess set Darling Dots. Stamped the leaves in certainly celery and the flower in apricot appeal. Added the sentiment from an old set that we don't sell anymore. It's stamping Julie Ebersole style! (Check out her blog--Paper Trufflez). Have a great weekend!

No comments: