Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wow! Time flies....

These little Ghiradelli boxes are so easy to make! I followed Beate's tutorial HERE and used the textured Parisian Breeze cardstock. The scallop piece on the lids is baja breeze and the "love" image is from Dreams du Jour stamp set. I watercolored the flower with baja breeze ink and then put some close to cocoa on the leaves and creamy caramel around the edges. I just used my blender pens and inks. I made one of these boxes for the hostess of a workshop last weekend, and then made 2 more for some friends. Note: If you check out the tutorial, I did one thing differently. Since Beate covered her box with a strip of designer paper, it didn't matter how she put it together. But I used designer paper to start with, so I wanted the front of the box to be without a seam. To do this, change where you put the sticky strip in step 6. Put the tape on the 1x2 flaps on the opposite side of the box lid. Don't flip your cardstock over, lay it just like she has it in the picture. But put the tape on the OTHER 1x2 flaps, not on the ones she shows.
Check out these fruit centerpieces.....

My daughter and I put them together for my son's 18th birthday dinner last night. I borrowed a book from a friend of mine to get the idea, but then ad-libbed with what fruit I could buy. You just use wooden skewers for the fruit, and iceberg lettuce in the container, to hold the skewers. It was fun, and looked great when the table was set. I made 3 so that everyone up and down the table could eat from them. I'll try to be better at posting...!


1 comment:

Cheryl F. said...

This is such an awesome idea!