Friday, March 27, 2009

Flowers and Raspberry Tart DSP

I think with the return of freezing temps it is time for more flower cards! I used this card in a workshop in January when the designer paper was "brand" new. We used the rock and roll technique with cameo coral and rose red inks for the flower (petal pizzaz pg. 90) and wonderful favorites stamp set for the greeting (pg. 133). The build-a-brad (pg. 174) in the middle makes the perfect size center for this big flower. We punched out a 1/2" circle of dsp for that, and finished it off with regal rose 5/8" grosgrain. A bright and cheery card--how can it not be with this paper??
I got the idea for this card from Kristina Werner when she did a simpler version for Valentine's Day with the heart to heart punch. I used the boho blossoms punch (pg. 185) for all the flowers and punched them out of the raspberry tart paper. Then I used the new eyelet border punch on the bottom (the card base is pink pirouette) and tied it with the kiwi kiss double satin ribbon (pg. 179). With the punched flowers-- once I had a selection ready, I just started laying them around until I liked the "flow" across the card. Some are mounted on pop-up dots to help with the layering effect. A very simple card! Thanks Kristina for the inspiration!I had to post a picture from prom last weekend--this is my son and his blind date--although they sent pictures of themselves via their cell phones so it wasn't really "blind"! She came from the Lewistown area with a friend who was going to prom with one of my son's friends.... Anyway, they had a good time together and isn't it so much fun to see your kids looking sharp?! Hope you have a great weekend!

No comments: