Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Big Shot Projects

This is one of my favorite stamp sets, from last spring's Occassions Mini, Live Your Dream . It is a simple card using pacific point and tangerine tango. I used a blender pen to ink up the flower with tangerine, and then added summer sun centers and garden green leaves. I made an identical card for a little girl, and made the butterfly image at the top into a spinner piece; but I didn't have time to photograph it before I needed to mail it! So you'll have to use your imagination! What's a spinner piece? Check it out here.
I have to start showing you some of the things I've made with the Big Shot! First, these were given to 25 of my my co-workers for National Public Health Week. These are "matchboxes" as shown in the Occassions Mini on page 16. I used textured cardstock for the box, and then patterned designer paper for the top slider. The box stays together pretty much without any adhesive, so they were pretty easy to put together. I kept the embellishments/tag simple since I was making so many, so I just sponged around the tag with a coordinating ink, and wrote the message. I filled them with 4 pieces of chocolate--Hershey's miniatures and some new Hershey's chocolates that are shaped like Dove chocolate, and put them in everyone's mail boxes. Everyone enjoyed them! : )

No comments: