Thursday, April 30, 2009

Card Kit Ideas

The card kits last month focused on the bella birds designer paper(pg 160, $9.95), and the coordinating colors of pink pirouette, so saffron, chocolate chip, and bordering blue. The card above uses the layout idea that I included (#111), from Card Postioning Systems. Do you notice, its the same stamp set from the last post?? I inked up the flowers by just putting that part of the stamp on the pink pirouette ink pad, then I used a bordering blue marker for the leaves and stems. Since the blue is darker than the pink, it covered up any pink that I had gotten on the stems. I distressed the edges and added sponging in bordering blue. Also used silver brads, pink pirouette ribbon and a so saffron button from the button latte (pg 176, $7.95). I also added some little dots of silver stickles (non-SU!) below the brads, for a little extra bling.
OK, one more card from the card kits..... This card started with a chocolate chip base, bella birds dsp mounted on coordinating card stock, and the cherry blossom embosslit (pg 202, $11.95) in barely banana. I used the lighter yellow card stock, and then sponged so saffron around the edges. I added bordering blue "little leaves" cut out (pg 200 $4.95) and the sentiment from Great Friend stamp set, currently in the Occassions Mini catalog. I did put a so saffron insert inside this card to make writing a message easier, too.
If you have made a card with your card kit, send me a photo and I'll post it here~ Have a great day!

No comments: