Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Big Shot and more DSP

I know I'm not always great about getting new posts on my blog, and this month will definitely be "slim pickin's" with graduation! I have been scrap booking though....last night I counted and I have finished 20 pages, have 8 pages awaiting journaling, and a few more sets of pictures to do. The most work has been finding the photos!! I'm also doing a display board for the reception, and I've decided to do all black and white photos. I've printed several that we had taken digitally, and now I want to sort through older (baby, etc.) photos to find ones to scan in. See? A lot of work!! OK, on to the card above.... I used the cherry blossom embosslit in blush blossom, and the little leaves in certainly celery--all cut out on the Big Shot. The DSP (double sided paper) is from a couple of years ago; I can't remember it's name. See the swirl off to the right? That is also cut out from coordinating paper (if you look closely, there are some little white lines from the pattern) using the Big Shot and the Swirls scribbles sizzlit. I sponged a little ink on the flowers and added half pearls from the pretties kit. Other colors used: chocolate chip and bashful blue.
This card is from a little while back; we made it at a workshop that I did. But I haven't posted it yet, and it is a great example of using the designer papers (did I mention they're on special right now? Buy 3, get the 4th free--designer papers and textured paper. Let me know if you are interested in placing an order!). Anyway, this card has a different fold--the edges of the cupcake just fit under the red ribbon to keep the card closed. The colors are pumkin pie, riding hood red, so saffron and bashful blue--all taken from the Washington Apple paper. The cupcake is from Party Hearty (pg 39, $26.95) and I used markers to ink up the different parts of the image. Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments: