Thursday, July 16, 2009

Get Well Soon!


Aren't these flowers beautiful?? I had surgery last week and these were sent with get well wishes! The top one is from my friends at the Health Dept, and the bottom one is from my sister and her family, and from my mom. I also received a candy bouquet, and several meals, and many cards. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers! I am feeling great, although I tire easily still. I've been trying to do some stamping every day--I may have more projects than I can post!This card was sent to me by Jenny--thanks, friend! I liked this layout, so decided to copy it--
I changed it just a little by moving the stamped image off center and only using one side of scalloped card stock. It is great to be inspired by each other's work and then tweaking it a little to come up with something different! I got the color scheme from an Eddie Bauer bag--I went shopping in Rapid City 2 weeks ago. I'm not sure the photo shows it, but Jenny had run her card front through the Big Shot with a texturz plate. I wasn't sure about cranking away on that just yet with my surgery, so I stamped the swirl on the red card base instead.
All supplies used, Stampin' Up! (c) 2009: baroque motif stamp set (pg 131, $27.95) real red, old olive, always artichoke, and the new crushed curry card stock and ink; black brads, and crushed curry polka dot ribbon (pg182, $9.95).

No comments: