Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rich Razzleberry

I've been trying out some different color combinations with the new In Colors. On the card above, I used rich razzleberry and soft suede. I like this combo--I think I like these 2 colors! I embossed the razzle dazzle image with white ep, distressed the edges, and used a build-a-brad for the accent. For the brad, I stamped a part of the image onto the designer paper in rich razzleberry and then outlined it with the soft suede marker so it would show up more. The designer paper is from razzleberry lemonade. I really like how the ribbon is double-sided so you get two looks out of it--a little more "bang for your buck" which is always helpful these days!This card uses rose red with the rich razzleberry. I colored the image from sweet stems stamp set (#113726, $16.95) with a blender pen and my rich razzleberry marker so that I could get different shades. The centers of the flowers are bermuda bay. I tore the right side of all the papers, and added a button from button latte and a thin piece of cardstock tied in a knot for accents. all supplies used (c) Stampin' Up! 1995-2009
Just a note about the "dormant list". Sweet stems is not in the new catalog, but it also did not retire. It has been moved to the "dormant list" which means it is still a current set and available for purchase. I have a list of these stamp sets, in case you are looking for something that you saw before, and can't remember whether it retired or not.
I'll be posting later today or tomorrow with the winner from the Scavenger Hunt! This was a special that I offered to all my Stampin' Six Club members--they completed a scavenger hunt for items and images in the new catalog and then I'm drawing a name from those that were sent back to me, for a $20 stamp set! A chance for free rubber--who can't resist that?!

No comments: