Monday, August 17, 2009

Desk Set


My six-week "vacation" is over today and I head back to work! I've been working on several items for my desk, and wanted to share them all together. First, for all the projects I used Washington Apple designer paper from the last catalog, and the coordinating colors of riding hood red, pumpkin pie, bashful blue and so saffron.
So in the first picture, I turned a clear plastic picture frame over, slid in the decorated card stock, where the photo would go) and added some ribbon and the post it notes to the outside. The daisy is from Looks Like Spring, a set that retired "ages" ago!
The next photo shows my covered file folders. Notice I only have a label on one folder so far! I will use these (as opposed to all the ones in my drawers) for the topics that I deal with every week. This was really fun to make! The idea is in the catalog on page 113. Quite a few more sticks came with the bottle and I put flowers on them all. Then when I went to put them in the jar, they didn't fit, so I'll use the extras as decorative picks in my potted plants. I used the daisy die, little leaves and the cherry embosslits for the flowers, along with corduroy and designer buttons. Now I just hope the scent I picked out isn't too overwhelming for my office mate, who is a guy!
While you have your catalogs open, check out pages 116-117 for more office/desk ideas, using the Thoroughly Modern designer paper. I have more to show you, but I'll save it for another day! Hope you all have a great week~

No comments: