Thursday, August 20, 2009

Desk Set, continued

I made this cute set of drawers and 2 magazine holders after seeing the neat set that Becky did over at Inking Idaho. You can purchase her directions, complete with photos, for a very reasonable price! All of her tutorials are down the right side of her blog. She is definitely more talented than I in using technology! Since I have the Big Shot, I decided to use the matchbox die to make my drawers, which made mine smaller than hers. This is my first attempt, and as you can see, I need to get my drawers a little more squared up before attaching them together. Again, I used the Washington Apple designer paper and accessories in the coordinating colors--pumpkin pie, bashful blue, so saffron and riding hood red. Although I did sneak a few real red items in there, too! I used the flower assortment brads (p 179, $6.95) for the drawer pulls. These magazine holders are so easy to make. I decorated them with the flower from Looks Like Spring that I "rock and rolled" in so saffron and pumpkin pie. Also added a few prima flowers and half pearl centers from the Pretties Kit. I also covered some large binder clips with paper and then made them into stands for inspirational quotes or Bible verses. Since the handles of the clips are not spring-loaded, I cheated and used a little poster putty on the back to hold the card in. So that's it for the new desk set! Hope you enjoy looking around Becky's blog, too. She is very talented in her 3-D creations!

No comments: