Monday, September 7, 2009

Back to School

Can you guess what it is??? This is my first try at a gift tube for my nephew. Shelli Gardner showed this at Convention (I didn't go, but saw some photos) and I wanted to give it a try. The lid doesn't come off completely--it is held on by the knots in the ribbon, on the outside of the tube. What do you think of the window? It needs to be a bit higher up in the box-- I'll have to keep working on it! I decorated it with stamps from a really old set of sports images. Now you can purchase just which sports you want instead of a huge set (pg 78-79 of the catalog). The colors are river rock (retired), night of navy, old olive and dusty durango for the basketball. Here's what I put inside--some mechanical pencils and magnets (the balls) for those special papers that go on the refrigerator. Plus I wrote him a little note and included a corny joke. : ) I couldn't leave out my niece, so I put together one of the party-favor purses from the Princess Party Kit (pg 174, $15.95). In my opinion, this kit is totally worth $16! The pieces are very easy to "punch" out and put together. Plus letting the girls decorate their own crowns is a great activity. It has enough for 8--invitations, purses, crowns, etc... I added a button to the closure, and the tag. Here's what I put inside: a whole bouquet of punched flowers! According to my sister, she loves to glue these little punched pieces onto paper and make pictures. I also included some magnets made with the flowers. And so what did I give my kids for back to school? Well, since Jeremy is in college, I left him with a bag of munchies and treats--his first "care package" even though it wasn't mailed. And for my daughter--a bag of Dove chocolates. Its a tradition at my house--muffins for breakfast, a little present from me, and those pictures in front of the house before they head off--all for the first day of school!

No comments: