Friday, April 30, 2010

More Teddy and Train

This is a much simpler card than the teddy bear one in the last post. I'm in Lutherans for Life, and we put together layettes for the first boy and girl who are born (each month) at the hospital here. We always enclose a hand stamped card that we make at our meetings, but we've run out so I had to whip up a few to have on hand and this is what I came up with. I stamped the train on whisper white with stazon ink and then used blender pens and water color wonder crayons. The train image is too detailed for the chalk technique. Since the spaces to color are small, I used the blender pen to pick up color off of the crayon instead of applying the crayon directly to the paper and then blending it. Supplies used: Teddy and Train stamp set (p 77, $1795), almost amethyst, lovely lilac and certainly celery for the boy; apricot appeal, pretty in pink and barely banana for the girl. Also used up some "old" organdy ribbon and the scallop trim border punch (covered up by the watermark!). I'm using up some of the soft subtles that are retiring June 30th. Just a reminder--Mother's Day is coming up quickly and I do have gift certificates available if you need a gift for your mom, or you'd like to drop a hint to your children! You can post a comment with your contact info and I'll give you a call. Have a great weekend!

No comments: