Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Oh, Baby, Baby

Several of my friends are due with babies, so I made up some baby cards a couple weeks ago to have ready. So far I've used up the "girl" cards, so I hope someone has a boy next!
I used the Teddy and Train stamp set (pg 77, $17.95) and colored the bear with chalks. It was so easy! I just rubbed a Q-tip in the color I wanted, and dabbed or pounced it onto the image. For the bow, I got the tip of a Q-tip damp so that it would pick up more concentrated color and then did the bow. The colors are so soft--perfect for a baby card. I used designer paper for the tags, the scallop trim border punch and sherbet designer buttons (pg 181, $7.95). By the way, the scallop trim border punch will be available in July when the new catalog comes out, in case you didn't get one for free during Sale-a-bration! The 5/8" satin ribbon is still available in the summer mini so if you haven't tried it yet, you still have an opportunity to order some! Now here's the part that I love about this card--I ran vellum card stock (pg 159, $6.50) through the polka dot texturz plate using my Big Shot. Side note here: when I make a big purchase like with the Big Shot, or back when I bought all the water color wonder crayons, I wonder if it is going to be worth the investment. I really enjoy using the Big Shot! I have a lot more to learn, but those little butterflies? and the texturz plates? and the matchboxes? They are a lot of fun to use on your projects!! I attached the vellum to the card front with snail adhesive, underneath where I ran the ribbon. It adds a little texture, and also more softness, because aren't babies just the softest?Colors used: bashful blue, certainly celery and lovely lilac for the boy; barely banana, pretty in pink and apricot appeal for the girl. In my next post, I'll show you another card I made with this stamp set, and the water color wonder crayons. Yeah, I love working with those too!

No comments: