Saturday, April 17, 2010

Two-Step Stamping

First, I wanted to share this card with you-- from my friend Cheryl. It was made by an adult with a disability, in a program called Growth Thru Art. There's a little blurb on the back that says "....a studio based art program....artists gain self-confidence and community acceptance through their experience in the arts." Cheryl used to work in the studio with the adults and I know she enjoyed her work immensely, and I enjoy the notecards!
On to stamping...Do you recognize this stamp set? It is from last year's Sale-a-bration, and it is a two-step stamp set. Like the Awash with Flowers set that is a sneak peek from next year's catalog. You can click on the box on the left side of my blog "two step stamping/Awash with Flowers" to see the special for the month of April. Check it out--you'll like the fresh spring projects!I used the bella bleu designer paper (pg 162, $9.95) and coordinating card stock and ribbon (very vanilla, kraft, not quite navy, and so saffron) and a little sahara sand and always artichoke ink for the leaves. Tied the four cards up with envelopes, wide so saffron ribbon, and a quick tag. Cheryl and her husband Terry were here last weekend, so I placed this little gift in their guest room--a welcoming touch!
Have you looked through your retiring colors and started any projects? I'll show you what I've been working on in my next post! Have a great weekend--

No comments: