Monday, May 24, 2010

It's Raining

In my last post I promised to show you this card that I received from a very talented stamper, Jenny! She ran black paper through an embossing folder, then punched out all the circles and added color with the ribbon and greeting. What a simple, but striking card. You could copy this layout idea with all sorts of color schemes. Thanks Jenny!
It's raining today, and tomorrow, and..... I'm sure the farmers are enjoying all this moisture. I could use a little sunshine! Although the cool weather is good for the new plants I put in the ground last Friday. A friend has a completely landscaped backyard with 2 fountains--very lovely! She shared some plant starts with me and I was busy all Friday putting them around in my beds. She told me that "this one is this high and has flowers" for all of the plants, but by the time I got home I couldn't remember anything so it will be interesting to see how the flowerbeds look when everything gets to its right height! Here's the 2nd card that we made at the workshop earlier this month. It uses the new stamp set in the summer mini catalog--elements of style (pg 12, $27.95 for wood mount). We used markers to ink up the stamp. This took a little bit of patience, but was worth the effort! We used night of navy, bordering blue, creamy caramel and close to cocoa on the stamp, then chocolate chip on the greeting. The paper is from the bella bleu collection. For the "lace" we punched out the border piece, then ran it through the crimper. It adds a lot of texture to the card. To finish it off, we sponged creamy caramel around all the edges, and on the crimped "lace" piece. Enjoy your week!

No comments: