Saturday, May 29, 2010

Elements of Style

A friend of mine had surgery and I wanted to give her a little something, but not food. I saw this kitchen towel and immediately thought the colors looked like soft sky (from back in the day!), apricot, and pink--both pretty in pink and pink pirouette. So I dug out my soft sky and some dsp that matched--I have no idea what the name of it was! And here is what I came up with:I stamped the elements of style (summer mini, page 12) in chocolate chip ink over the patterned paper. I also used the chocolate chip for the main image, but since this is a water-based ink, it was difficult to add color without smearing some brown into it. So I'd suggest staz-on ink! I used blender pens and ink pads to watercolor. It's kind of hard to see, but there is soft sky around the flowers, in the background. I still had soft sky stitched ribbon, so I pulled on the white stitching to gather or rauch it before tying it on. I was really happy with the result!
Have a great Memorial Day weekend--try to stay dry!!

No comments: