Sunday, June 6, 2010

Medallion Background

I started out on this card by stamping all over an 81/2 x 11 sheet of whisper white to make my own designer paper. I inked up the medallion stamp (pg 133, $17.95 and NOT retiring!) with real red ink. After stamping it once, I would move to another area of the paper and stamp again, letting the darker and lighter images overlap. When I covered the paper with red, I inked up the medallion stamp with silver and added another layer. I didn't worry about getting a complete image every time--as you can see in the left corner of this card, the center of the medallion didn't come out. When it was dry, I started cutting it apart for cards.
This layout is obviously VERY easy! I stamped the elegant thank you (pg 144, $6.95) in basic black, and then trimmed the square so that it would fit inside the scallop square-punched black card stock. The black satin ribbon (summer mini, pg 13) finished it off nicely!

Be sure to check out the link in the left column to the $99 mini starter kit. In June, you can join the Stampin' Up! family by purchasing a smaller starter kit with new stamps and colors so you'll be ready for the new catalog in July! As a demonstrator, I receive a free monthly magazine full of stamping ideas, business ideas, and information about using our products. This is just one way that the SU! company supports its demonstrators so that we can have the type of business we want. If you'd like more information, leave a comment with your contact info and I'll get back to you. The start of a new Stampin' Up! year is a great time to join!

No comments: