Thursday, June 3, 2010

More Elements of Style

I made these 3x3 note cards for each member of my Stampin' Six Clubs. I used retiring colors of card stock, and inked up the image with markers. Stamp set is Elements of Style (pg 12, summer mini). As you can see, I got a completely different look, compared to the last post, by changing the colors used. Added miscellaneous buttons and brads to match. Then I mixed up some champagne mist paint (from the winter mini catalog) with rubbing alcohol and spritzed them up a bit! This is the "color catcher" (pg 15, summer mini) that you can use when spritzing projects. I started with a small mister bottle, added some rubbing alcohol and then a few drops of paint. You can add more paint to get a heavier mist of color. Do have a paper towel handy, in case you don't pay attention to where the mister is pointed, and spray your counter tops anyway! I was happy with the way the cards turned out, but definitely make sure you are using a good squirt bottle. Mine was a little "iffy" and so one pump would come out nice and fine, and the next would be more splotchy than I wanted. I hope everyone enjoyed getting a little something extra in their kits last month!

Be sure and check out the retiring products lists which are in the left of my blog. If you are reading this in your email, go to my blog page to download the lists. Stampin' Up! is already low and running out of many of the retiring colors--ink refills mostly. If you are interested in stocking up on your favorite color of ink and paper, please order sooner than later!

No comments: