Friday, June 15, 2007

Stamping with Friends

A couple of weeks ago I got together with several great stamping friends for an "all-nighter" (o.k., I stopped at midnight). I'm finally getting around to posting a couple of them!




I copied the color and background layout of the card above from someone else (I apologize, I can't remember who it was) . The colors are so saffron, rose red, regal rose and sage shadow. After punching the bottom scallop with the SU! corner rounder punch, I used a small hole punch to add the circles. I stamped some leaves over the regal rose paper in white stazon ink. I'm not sure I liked how that part turned out--I think my ink pad needs more ink on it. I'll have to experiment some more with that ink! The stamped umbrella is from the hostess set Blooming with Happiness and is mounted on the sage shadow scalloped circle (punch from Marvy Uchida). I added gel pen dots to match the holes in the bottom scallop.

The next card is an exact copy of a purchased thank you card that I received from my cousin. It was fun to recreate it with my stamps, paper and glitter! (There's that polka dot posie stamp set again.....) Colors used are taken with teal, green galore, pink passion and pixie pink. Hope you all have a great Father's Day weekend~

No comments: