Thursday, June 14, 2007

oops!

OMG, I just found out that my son has started his own blog called Yeah, Well..... Unfortunately, when I open blogger to do a post, it always opens his dashboard first. Well today, I forgot to sign him out and me in, and I ended up posting a card layout to his blog. You can check it out here (if he hasn't figured out how to remove it by the time you read this). After I stop laughing and wipe the tears from my eyes, I will be mortified that I have done this to his "space". I think this would make a good segment for the Zits cartoon strip......


OK, here is the card that I wanted to share with you today..... (typed for the second time!)



















I started with a layout from Stampin' Up! and a color challenge from SCS--old olive, chocolate chip, so saffron and cameo coral. I used a blossom stamp set from Sellabration and the rock n roll technique. This is where you ink up the stamp in a lighter color, in this case, so saffron. Then you roll the stamp's edges in a darker color--cameo coral. I masked the main flower and then added the other flowers, leaves and berries. The so saffron tag was cut from the palette of prints designer papers, so it has some depth to it also. Distressing the edges and adding some chocolate chip ink warms up the card, blending the edges of all the pieces together. This card took a little while, but I am happy with the results!

No comments: