Saturday, August 4, 2007

A Birthday gift for my daughter

We have arrived home from Minneapolis--several days prior to the bridge collapsing! It is hard to believe we were just there, and crossing the Mississippi river numerous times on a different bridge. My prayers are with all those affected--what a traumatic experience.

My daughter's birthday was this past week--13! I wanted to cover one of our new clipboards for her, so I started with the petals and paisley designer paper, and ribbon.
First I sanded the edges just to smooth it out a bit. Next, I applied pretty in pink craft ink around the top clip fixtures. I used a stampin' spot and a Q-tip. I think I will purchase some bottles of craft re-inkers for chipboard purposes. It would be easy to squirt a little out and use a sponge or Q-tip to apply it to the chipboard. Then I cut paper and attached it with snail adhesive. I added ribbon from last year's ribbon originals, plus some grosgrain and some rose red ribbon from Michael's. I painted one of the chipboard flowers with rose red ink, (and added a rich regals button) and covered the other one with papers. This one is not attached (I tucked under one of the clips) so she can move it around. I bought some prima flowers while at Mall of America in Minneapolis, and I couldn't resist using one on the "m" tag. I did not use any modge podge products, but attached everything with snail. My daughter will use it in her bedroom for photos. I really like the way it turned out, and it only took me a few hours one evening to put it all together! I am thinking some of the smaller clipboards would be nice to have on hand, for my daughter to decorate and give away to her friends for birthdays, etc...

No comments: