Saturday, February 16, 2008

Carte Postale

I purchased Carte Postale last year from one of the mini catalogs because it was "different"--you know, not just more flowers and leaves. However, it is a challenge for me to use it! Well, I was blog-hopping the other day and saw this easy layout by Kristina Werner here (page down until you see the brown card). And, she used carte postale! So I had to give it a try. At first I tried to make the focal point without a metal edged tag, but in the middle of the project, I received this card from my friend Jenny:Isn't it just gorgeous? She used items that were in the January card kits--ginger blossom designer paper, groovy guava and ruby red cardstock, groovy guava double stitched ribbon, and build-a-brad. The flower is from In the Spotlight from the last catalog, along with the copper metal edged tag and copper brad. Thanks, Jenny for sharing!
I went back to my card and added what it was missing--a metal edged tag! I used almost amethyst card stock (and ink), certainly celery and almost amethyst print designer paper, wild wasabi double stitched ribbon and ink, a rhinestone brad from the ice collection, and of course, a metal edged tag.

No comments: