Sunday, September 21, 2008

Inspiration from the Catalog

Check out the cards and projects on pages 46-47 of the Fall~Winter Idea Book and Catalog. That's where I got the color idea for these 2 cards. I used baja breeze, kraft, and white. I bought the happiness background stamp last year, and finally used it! That doesn't happen very often! I inked up parts of the stamp that I wanted to use, with baja breeze and then trimmed around them. This card has some styled silver hodgepodge hardware added, along with a little bit of silver stickles in the centers of the flowers on the side panel.
For this card, I got out the white craft ink and white embossing powder. I stamped the little flowers (from the retired Little Pieces stamp set) along the side; then stamped the daisy panel from Happiness with versamark on baja breeze paper, and embossed it. Just the opposite effect of the first card. The greeting is from Heard from the Heart stamp set, and I embossed that too. I colored the flower from the Pretties Kit with a blender pen and baja breeze ink, then added the half pearl with Tombow multipurpose glue. I like the soft look of these colors together!

October 4th, and World Card Making Day is fast approaching! If you want to come to my event on October 11th, leave a message on this post and I'll email you to confirm. The cost is $15 and we'll be making all-occassion cards. You'll be able to keep one for yourself, and then we will stamp more to give to military personnel, for their use. It will be a relaxing day, and a great way to support our military!

No comments: