Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pop Up Card

I saw this tutorial at Splitcoast Stampers--you can go here to see instructions on how to make one for yourself. This was fun to try! I did have a bit of a problem getting it to stand up flat, but by re-creasing the 4 corners of the base, it finally "stood" correctly. I also like the color combo--chocolate chip, so saffron, and baja breeze. I used fun and fast notes stamp set, and inked up the greeting separately from the image since the bird image has a "thanks" sentiment and I wanted "happy birthday". The flowers are punched with a retired punch from spring fling, I think? The coloring was done with a blender pen and ink from the inside of the classic pads (you know when you squish the lid against the pad before opening it, and then there is a spot of ink inside the lid to use for watercoloring). I like how the punched flowers also are 3-D when the card opens, however, I put the bottom blue flower a little bit too low. If it was any lower, it would get in the way of the box sitting flat on the table. So if you try this card, your embellishment should go above that fold mark! Let me know if you give this a try--I'd love to see your take on it!

The bookmark part of this card slides down with the box part folding up around it, so it fits in a medium size envelope. This picture below kind of shows how that works--Hope you're having a great week!

No comments: