Thursday, September 25, 2008

Scrunchy Ribbon

I recently made these little note cards as thank you's for one of my Stamping Clubs. They were simple and fast, except for the ribbon! I really like the look of this gathered ribbon, but it was getting a little tedious by the time I had made several notes! These cards use the bella rose designer paper, kiwi kiss, pink pirouette, and riding hood red ink and paper, and white grosgrain ribbon.To gather the grosgrain ribbon, fray the cut end a little and then grab a couple of threads from the middle of the edge (see the little "tail" sticking out on the left side? Those are the threads that I grabbed). I used a tweezers to get them, as you only want to grab a couple of threads. Then start pulling! I suggest you leave your ribbon attached to the roll until you have the length that you need, gathered. Then adhere the one side to your project before cutting the other end off the roll. If any of you are sewers, you know that if you completely pull the threads out, your ribbon won't be gathered anymore!

No comments: