Monday, September 1, 2008

It's September already

This template came right out of the SU!'s demonstrator magazine, called Stampin' Success. It always has lots of ideas for projects, along with business ideas so it is a great resource. I copied this layout on the simple card below, along with a color combo that was also highlighted in the magazine: tangerine tango, kiwi kiss, and pacific point. The stamp set is bugs and kisses, and I added a little silver stickles as a flight trail. I'm not sure I like that addition for the dragonfly. Maybe it would work better if he was tilted a little. I am having a World Card Making event on October 11th (a little past the real WCM day, but oh well!). I think a version of this card will be easy to recreate, especially since we will be stamping multiples of every design to give away to military overseas. If you are in the area, and interested in coming, leave a message and I'll get back to you with the details.

The Big Shot is here! Did you know, SU! is now selling Sizzix's Big Shot die-cutting machine. You can check out the brochure here. This looks like a fun machine, with lots of potential! Will I get one? I'm placing an order tomorrow, and I am seriously considering it!

No comments: