Friday, September 5, 2008

More cards following the template

This card was fun to make! I followed the template by using the bow for the circle in the lower right corner, but then added my twist of the butterfly to balance the card. I used pink pirouette and chocolate chip, bella rose dd paper, Define your life stamp set (more on that in a minute), Dreams du Jour stamp set and big deal alphabet for the "b". I stamped off twice on the "b" before stamping it over the "because" definition and the butterfly is embossed with white embossing powder.
OK, the Define your Life stamp set, the one that is kind of expensive in the catalog at $47.95.....?? Well I got that for FREE for my sales during Sale-a-bration. There are some nice perks to being a demonstrator! If you are interested in learning more about that, send me a message! Plus there is a great special for anyone who signs up by Oct 11th.....a free stamp set of your choice! Yes, you could get a $50 stamp set for FREE, too!
This card is inspired by the same layout, but turned up and down. Notice that I put the little flower that I cut out, in the "right" spot for the layout, along with the greeting drawing your eye to that spot. This card used Fresh Cuts stamp set, kiwi kiss, tangerine tango and so saffron, and old olive grosgrain (kiwi is a lighter shade of old olive). I stamped the main image with stazon ink so that I could watercolor it with blender pens and my ink pads. My watercoloring isn't fantastic, but if you click on the picture it will open larger and you can see the shading that I did. I like the bright colors!
If you haven't gone to www.stampinup.com, recently, you should! There is all sorts of information about the Big Shot posted there now! A video, the brochure, a list of materials that can be cut with the ruled dies.....and projects! Check it out and tell me what you think about it....

No comments: