Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just a few more.....

This is my fav card so far! I used the bird from Best Wishes and More, and added a little top notch so he would look like a cardinal. I inked him with markers so that I could make a black beak and feet. I used the snowflake from the same set and stamped it in white craft ink, then embossed with iridescent ice. Other supplies: baja breeze, real red, chocolate chip card stock, ski slope designer paper, kiwi kiss satin ribbon, and the "noel" greeting is from Many Merry Messages.
OK, I think this will be the last Christmas card that I post! This card was really easy! However, I think when you make a card with pieces of designer paper, you should just go ahead and make 4 at the same time. I started by cutting a piece of designer paper 5 x 3 1/2" in 4 different patterns. Then I cut each into 4 pieces. First cut it the long way at 2". That will give you 2 long strips--one 2 x 5" and one 1 3/4x 5". On the narrower piece, cut a square off one end (at 1 3/4") and on the wider piece, cut a square off one end (at 2"). Before adhering to the baja breeze base, I laid out all 4 cards to make sure that the patterns worked out--one pattern on each card. I didn't think that would be too hard, but I did end up with a card that had 2 of the same pattern and needed to go back and switch it with another, so I was glad I hadn't glued anything down until I laid them all out! Then I added the greeting from Heard from the Heart stamp set, a knot of wide grosgrain ribbon and a couple of snowflakes from Season of Joy and Punch Pals stamped in baja breeze ink. Once I figured out the dimensions of the designer paper, this card was very easy!
Have a great weekend and stay warm!

No comments: